I’ve been nominated for a board seat at the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO). If you’re a SEMPO member, please vote for me in the upcoming election, February 6-15, 2008. SEMPO’s mission…
a global non-profit organization serving the search engine marketing industry and marketing professionals engaged in it. Our purpose is to provide a foundation for industry growth through building stronger relationships, fostering awareness, providing education, promoting the industry, generating research, and creating a better understanding of search and its role in marketing.
If elected, the biggest contribution I will bring to SEMPO is strategic focus while elevating relevancy and reputation of the organization. My second biggest contribution will be high enthusiasm for simplifying and advancing the search industry. Members should vote for me for my industry leadership, domain expertise, reputation building and humble listening.
What’s my strategic vision for SEMPO? The organization should become a higher beacon of clarity in defining the search landscape. Search represents a seminal marketing shift, but the entire search industry is facing tremendous complexities and fragmentation. As a result, search still lives in its own silo, separate from the rest of marketing. Even search insiders have a disjointed view of their own industry. The search industryâ€™s advancement hinges on telling a more SIMPLE and RELEVANT story. SEMPO is doing a truly fantastic job, but it has an opportunity to further crystallize and elevate its point of view in the broader marketing industry. Everyone in marketing should know what SEMPO stands for, what itâ€™s done, and what itâ€™s going to do. If SEMPO can get itself to that level of unity and awareness, its ability to fulfill all other objectives will rapidly increase.
Please vote for me in the upcoming SEMPO board election. I will make your vote count! Here’s my full candidate profile.
Finally, congrats to all the 2008 nominees:
- Anderson, Damien — Blowfish Digital Limited
- Berkowitz, Jay — Ten Golden Rules
- Blankenship, Lindsay — Avenue A | Razorfish
- Boggs, Chris — eMergent Marketing
- Bowman, Jessica — Yahoo!
- Bruemmer, Paul — Red Door Interactive
- Burgio, Massimo — Global Search Interactive
- Buso, Luar — Getupdated
- Clay, Bruce — Bruce Clay, Inc.
- Copeland, Chris — Outrider
- Downhill, Fionn — Elixir Systems
- Engelsman, Marc — Digital Brand Expressions
- Fall, Dave — DoubleClick
- Fiske, Mark — Bazaar Advertising
- Forrester, Duane — Microsoft
- Holoubek, Sara — Free Agent
- Hotchkiss, Gordon — Enquiro Search Solutions
- Hunt, Bill — Global Strategies International
- Jackson, Mark — Vizion Interactive
- Jacobs, Mike — iMarketing LTD
- Jones, Ron — Symetri Internet Marketing
- Kalehoff, Max — Clickable
- Koehler, John — VML
- Kramer, Chris — NETexponent
- Lee, Kevin — Didit
- Murray, Robert — iProspect
- Pruitt, Jeffrey — iCrossing
- Riegel, Steve — Faction Media
- Shroff, Farukh — Solid Cactus
- Szetela, David — Clix Marketing
- Todd, Dana — Newsforce
- Vaughan, Tanya — Hewlett-Packard
- Weiman, Lori — Click Forensics
Leave a comment