Memorial Day weekend is one of my favorite holidays. This past one was no exception: We had three days where work mostly shut off. We had three barbecues with friends, three at our own house. We enjoyed our town’s annual Memorial Day parade.Â There was mostly warm sun and little humidity. The pool at our club opened, and we swam every day. We even caught up on some sleep. And to top it all off, we explored Memorial Day traditions (and a few other hot topics) on our Cast of Dads podcast.
Topics discussed on this episode:
- Smoking & BBQing
- Croquet Tournaments?
- How girls dress at any age
- Boys painting their nails
- Dazed & Confused
- Going back and thanking the teachers who shaped us
- Being hot for teacher
- Not driving the babysitter home
- We all want to defend our kids
- The Parent Teacher Relationship
- Maxâ€™s life of adventure
- Traveling Teachers
- Sir Ken Robinsonâ€™s TED Speech on Education
- Community Service
- Thank you to the Military
Cast of Dads is a group of podcasting and blogging dads who gather to gab about fatherhood. The cast of dads includesÂ C.C. Chapman,Â Jeffrey Sass,Â Max Kalehoff,Â Michael Sheehan, andÂ Brad Powell, who collectively represent 13 kids from the youngest of babies to full grown adults. Each of them brings a unique perspective to being a father.