Who enforces discipline on the children in your household? That’s a tough issue, at once critical to child development, safety and family sanity. It’s something every parent can relate to, though each family case and approach is unique. That’s why we dedicated our last Cast of Dads podcast to this important yet challenging subject.
Topics we tackled:
- Who is the softy in the house?
- Who is the enforcer?
- When siblings begin helping with the parenting
- Teaching to respect adults balanced with not trusting strangers
- Friends known as “aunts” & “uncles”
- Naughty Steps, Dunce Caps and time out
- Losing control and raised voices
- Extreme discipline
- To Spank or not to Spank?
Cast of Dads is a group of podcasting and blogging dads who gather to gab about fatherhood.Â The cast of dads includesÂ C.C. Chapman,Â Jeffrey Sass,Â Max Kalehoff,Â Michael Sheehan, andÂ Brad Powell, who collectively represent 13 kids from the youngest of babies to full grown adults. Each of them brings a unique perspective to being a father.