Put aside the fact that the Tivo-friendly KFC commercial with the embedded coupon code for the new Buffalo Snacker is no longer news. I’ve been pondering it for some time. I think it really was clever and creative, but I have my doubts about the sustainability of such a tactic.… Read the rest
I’m in San Francisco this week staying at the boutique Maxwell Hotel. While this place is not ultra luxury, it’s exactly what I like as a business traveler:
- It’s downtown near everything
- It’s boutique and quirky, but also homey and well-kept
- Check-in was easy, and the staff was casual and friendly (not stiff and corporate)
- NO CHARGE FOR WI-FI INTERNET ACCESS
- NO SURCHARGE ON OUTGOING TELEPHONE CALLS
- NO 12-OUNZE BOTTLES OF EVIAN STRATEGICALLY PLACED ON THE BUREAUS WITH $10 PRICE TAGS
- And it has a really great name…MAX…I can relate.
I was on Delta flight 1491 from New York’s La Guardia Airport to Cincinnati at 6:45 A.M this morning. About two minutes after takeoff, the cabin began to fill with smoke…the captain told us over the intercom that they in fact realized the cabin was filling with smoke and that they were circling back to La Guardia for an immediate landing, and asked us to prepare.… Read the rest
Harold Burson, the living PR legend, just started a blog. He is — perhaps more than any other individual — someone all PR professionals and business leaders should strive to emulate.
I first met Harold after I was accepted into his "Harold Burson Summer Internship," while an undergraduate at Syracuse University’s Newhouse School over a decade ago.… Read the rest