The Internet continues to permeate our lives, including the lives of our children. There’s good and bad that comes with this trend, and it introduces new and complex challenges for parents. This was the feature topic of our latest Cast of Dads podcast. We hope you’ll take a listen and weigh in.
Additionally, at the opening of this episode you will hear a promo for The Boom Effect, an auction and fund raiser for fellow dad Tee Morris. He recently lost his wife and will be raising his little girl known as “Sonic Boom” on his own. The Cast of Dads encourages you to donate and help in any way you can to assist in making sure this little girl has what she needs as she grows up.
Topics discussed on this episode:
- Kids getting on Facebook (Under 13 not allowed)
- COPA Law
- Oh Snap It’s Violet
- Should Facebook have more parental controls?
- Teaching children online values
- The Next Great Generation
- The digital trail we all leave online
- Social Media Guidelines
- Todd Defren’s “Team Before Tweet“
- The Don’t Be Stupid Rule (Olympic snowboarder pictures)
- Be Upfront
- Camera that captures your life
- School Laptop webcam privacy case
- Digital Nation
- Open conversations on mobile phones
- Candid Camera
- Blog Design – roll your own vs. hiring a designer
- The hotness that is the newÂ Dad Labs
- Our search for guests (e-mail us if interested)
Cast of Dads is a group of podcasting and blogging dads who gather to gab about fatherhood.Â The cast of dads includesÂ C.C. Chapman,Â Jeffrey Sass,Â Max Kalehoff,Â Michael Sheehan andÂ Brad Powell, who collectively represent 13 kids from the youngest of babies to full grown adults. Each of them brings a unique perspective to being a father.