I just had a nice conversation with Shel Holtz and Neville Hobson for their podcast, For Immediate Release. Download the interview and show notes here, or subscribe to the program with your favorite podcatcher. FIR is one of my favorite podcasts about new media – these guys are innovators and have extreme intuition.
As for the interview, we talked about things like:
- measurement of social media, or consumer-generated media
- social media and engagement, the ad-industry buzzword
- where social media sits in the marketing mix, and advantages of different disciplines
- my horrible customer experience with Lowes, and the incremental impact of potentially lots of other unhappy customers like me
- the incidental and latent impacts of online word of mouth (versus offline)
- my social-media predictions for the next 12 months
- how the heck I got into the business I’m in
Please listen and let me know what you think!